cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Nodetool ring and "Replicas" after 1.2 upgrade
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:17:53 GMT
Hello,
We (finally) have just upgraded from Cassandra 1.1 to Cassandra 1.2.19.  Everything appears
to be up and running normally, however, we have noticed unusual output from nodetool ring.
 There is a new (to us) field "Replicas" in the nodetool output, and this field, seemingly
at random, is changing from 2 to 3 and back to 2.
We are using the byte ordered partitioner (we hash our own keys), and have a replication factor
of 3.  We are also on AWS and utilize the Ec2snitch on a single Datacenter.
Other calls appear to be normal.  "nodetool getEndpoints" returns the proper endpoints when
querying various keys, nodetool ring and status return that all nodes appear healthy.
Anyone have any hints on what maybe happening, or if this is a problem we should be concerned
with?
Thanks,-Mike