cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ipremyadav <ipremya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read-only DC (or oneway replication)
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 14:52:02 GMT
Have separate connection config for readers and writers. Let the writers connect only to the
SAFE DC.
readers can read from wherever they want.

Use replication to replicate from SAFE to UNSAFE dc.

From the server side, why not use the firewall to open ports for only the apps that you want

> On 25 May 2015, at 8:34 a.m., Andreas Baumhof <abaumhof@baumhof.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We operate several Cassandra clusters in various geographies. We are in the process of
extending this cluster into an “unfriendly” geography where we may be forced not to trust
anything. I obviously don’t want to “pollute” my main DC’s with potential fraudulent
writes, so I’m looking for a way where I can read from a local DC, but never write into
this local DC.

> My application can cache data and it can sanity check data before it is being written
into Cassandra, but I obviously want to make sure that NOBODY can write into this DC unless
1) it comes from my own application, or 2) it is being replicated from a remote DC.