cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jared Rodriguez <>
Subject Re: Consistency Issues
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 09:47:35 GMT
Thanks for the feedback.  We have dug in deeper and upgraded to Cassandra
2.0.14 and are seeing the same issue.  What appears to be happening is that
if a record is initially written, then the first read is fine.  But if we
immediately update that record with a second write, that then the second
read is problematic.

We have a 4 node cluster and a replication factor of 2.  What seems to be
happening on the initial write the record is sent to nodes A and B.  If a
secondary write (update) of the record occurs while the record is in the
memtable and not yet written to the sstable of A or B, that the next read
returns nothing.

We are continuing to dig in and get as much detail as possible before
opening this as a JIRA.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Michael Shuler <>
> wrote:
>> This is a 4 node cluster running Cassandra 2.0.6
>> Can you reproduce the same issue on 2.0.14? (or better yet, the
>> cassandra-2.0 branch HEAD, which will soon ship 2.0.15) If you get the same
>> results, please, open a JIRA with the reproduction steps.
> And if you do file such a JIRA, please let the list know the JIRA URL, to
> close the loop!
> =Rob

Jared Rodriguez

View raw message