cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
Subject Normal to have an 8g commit log?
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 10:51:26 GMT
I have a single node c* server (used for dev). I've been playing around
with it, inserting / removing several million rows. At the moment, all
tables have been dropped / truncated, and the data directory itself is
showing about 45mb used (most of it is probably in the OpsCenter tables
rather than mine).

However, the commitlog directory shows a size of 8.1g. Is that really
normal? If this keeps up, I may run out of disk space due to the size of
the commit log rather than because of data.

I have run nodetool compact, but it didnt bring down the size.