cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sunil Ghai <sunilkrg...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamic models (data modelling)
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 23:16:08 GMT
Hi,

I’ve a query regarding data modelling in Cassandra, would appreciate some
suggestions.

We’re trying to build a multi-tenant application where we expect data
structure to be defined by the users. A user may define a data source,
number of fields, their data types, ordering etc. and then upload data
based on this structure. How can we design such an application on top of
Cassandra since it doesn’t support a list of mixed data types. The current
collection types are Map (same types)/Set/List (same type). Moreover, is it
possible to query data based on the user defined entities?

Presently, we're thinking of maintaining a single Map and convert all the
values into blob before storing. It doesn't definitely allow to query (only
with CONTAINS clause), but helps to structure storage problem. Any other
potential methods?

Thanks!