cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anishek Agarwal <>
Subject Reads failing at around 4000 QPS
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 11:10:37 GMT
Hello everyone,

i have a 3 node cluster with Cassandra 2.0.14 on centos in the same Data
center with RF=3 and i am using CL=Local_Quorum by default for the read and
write operations. I have given about 5 GB of heap space to cassandra.
I have 40 core machines with 3 separate SATA disks with commitlog on one
and data directories on the other two.

I am doing a read + write at the same with about 4000 QPS.

I am getting Read failures on the client where one of the replica didnot
respond.  When i look at the cassandra logs i see a lot failures as i have
attached (read_failures.txt).

Am i overloading the system too much ? 4000 QPS doesnt seem too much at
first glance.

Please let me know if any other details are required.

DataModel :

partition_key, clustering_key, col1

View raw message