cassandra-user mailing list archives

From graham sanderson <gra...@vast.com>
Subject cassanulldra 2.2
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 10:47:13 GMT
I think vast may have changed the release schedule of cassandra. I talk a lot with one of their
key developers, and 3.0 was going to drop off heap memtables for several releases due to a
rewrite of the storage engine to be more CQL friendly.

2.2 will take all of the improvements in 3.0 but not be delayed by that engine rewrite (and
I think because of us will ship out of the box with off heap memtables - I gave them some
pretty telling graphs about the differences between the two)

In any case in the short term we will move to 2.1.5 which has all the things that we had to
patch in 2.1.3  (except for one incorrect metric) patched - so we will be running of our patched
version of 2.1.5 although that patch is only one line