cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mohammed Guller <>
Subject RE: Spark SQL JDBC Server + DSE
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 18:15:18 GMT
I implemented a similar REST server last year and it works great. Now we have a requirement
to support JDBC connectivity in addition to the REST API. We want to allow users to use tools
like Tableau to connect to C* through the Spark SQL JDBC/Thift server.

From: Brian O'Neill [] On Behalf Of Brian O'Neill
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: Spark SQL JDBC Server + DSE

This doesn't really answer your question, but I'm working on a new REST server that allows
people to submit SQL queries over REST, which get executed via Spark SQL.   Based on what
I started here:

I assume you need JDBC connectivity specifically?

Brian O'Neill
Chief Technology Officer
Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company
215.588.6024 Mobile * @boneill42<>

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error and
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other use
of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.