Thanks a lot for all to your responses

I should mention we are running 2.1.3 and  I have set setcompactionthroughput 0 already

nodetool enableautocompaction keyspace table command/bug is new to me I will definitely will try this out and let you know

One more thing I wan't to clarify did I understand correctly 32 is the max number for sstables for normally operating cassandra node?

Best regards
Mantas