cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric R Medley <emed...@xylocore.com>
Subject Re: Table design for historical data
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 18:12:30 GMT
Firdousi,

What kind of events would be stored in the table? Will you be writing an event when a device
connects and another when it disconnects or will you write a single event after the device
finally disconnects? Also, for your queries, do you want ad-hoc start and end times or do
you have a known fixed sized interval that could be used to put these events into buckets?
How many events would you expect during a fixed interval or how many events per second? Do
you know all of the ways that you want to query this data? You may want to write the events
out to separate tables in order to satisfy those queries.

Regards,

Eric R Medley

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 10:54 AM, Firdousi Farozan <ffarozan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My requirement is to design a table for historical state information (not exactly time-series).
For ex: I have devices connecting and disconnecting to the management platform. I want to
know the details such as (name, mac, os, image, etc.) for all devices connected to the management
platform in a given interval (start and end time).