cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: calculation of disk size
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:54:27 GMT
Here is a calculator someone has put together

http://btoddb-cass-storage.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-asked-for-spreadsheet-to-help.html?m=1

Rahul

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 12:53 AM, arun sirimalla <arunsirik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rahul,
>
> If you are expecting 15 GB of data per day, here is the calculation.
>
> 1 Day = 15 GB, 1 Month = 450 GB, 1 Year = 5.4 TB, so your raw data size for one year
is 5.4 TB with replication factor of 3 it would be around 16.2 TB of data for one year.

> Taking compaction into consideration and your use case being write heavy, if you go with
size tiered compaction. you would need twice the space of your raw data.

> So you would need around 32-34 TB of disk space.
>
> Reference: http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/architecture/architecturePlanningDiskCapacity_t.html
>
> Thanks
>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Rahul Bhardwaj <rahul.bhardwaj@indiamart.com>
wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> We are planning to set up a cluster of 5 nodes with RF 3 for write heavy project,
our current database size is around 500 GB. And it is growing at rate of 15 GB every day.
We learnt that cassandra consumes space for compaction processes, So how can we calculate
the amount of disk space we would require.

>> Kindly suggest.
>>

>> Regards:
>> Rahul Bhardwaj
>>

>> Follow IndiaMART.com for latest updates on this and more:    Mobile Channel:
>>
>> Watch how IndiaMART Maximiser helped Mr. Khanna expand his business. kyunki Kaam
Yahin Banta Hai!!!