cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Daniels, Kelly" <kelly.dani...@charter.com>
Subject RE: minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant sites of Cassandra database
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:43:57 GMT
We will be anxious to confirm results in production but we have been seeing 30 ms or less as
best; at 45 ms we start having more than tolerable errors, at 50 ms we start to disregard
the usability.  We are also looking into features from Oracle DATA Guard such as ‘Apply
Lag’ and ‘Transport Lag’ to see if we can manage internally when the transport distance
is beyond reality.

From: Carlos Rolo [mailto:rolo@pythian.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:07 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant sites of Cassandra database

Hi,
I would not recommend anything below 1Gbps for the bandwidth. Latency try to have it as low
as you can.

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte Rolo
Cassandra Consultant

Pythian - Love your data

rolo@pythian | Twitter: cjrolo | Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo<http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>
Mobile: +31 6 159 61 814 | Tel: +1 613 565 8696 x1649
www.pythian.com<http://www.pythian.com/>

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Gaurav Bhatnagar <gauravbmit@gmail.com<mailto:gauravbmit@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi,
     Is there any minimum bandwidth requirement between two Geo Redundant data centres?
What is the minimum latency that link between two Geo Redundant data centres should have to
get best efficient operations?
Regards,
Gaurav