cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <>
Subject Re: Getting " ParNew GC in ... CMS Old Gen ... " in logs
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:07:51 GMT
I think this is just saying that young gen collection using Par new collector took 248 seconds.
This is quite normal with CMS unless it happens too frequenltly several times in a sec. I
think query time has more to do with read timeout in yaml. Try increasing it. If its a range
query then please increase range timeout in yaml.

Anuj Wadehra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"shahab" <>
Date:Mon, 20 Apr, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Subject:Getting " ParNew GC in ... CMS Old Gen ... " in logs

I am keep getting following line in the cassandra logs, apparently something related to Garbage
Collection. And I guess this is one of the signs why i do not get any response (i get time-out)
when I query large volume of data ?!!!

 ParNew GC in 248ms.  CMS Old Gen: 453244264 -> 570471312; Par Eden Space: 167712624
-> 0; Par Survivor Space: 0 -> 20970080

Is above line is indication of something that need to be fixed in the system?? how can I resolve

View raw message