cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Bookstrapping new node isn't pulling schema from cluster
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:15:17 GMT
As Eric said make sure that node is not present in its own seed list. Also make sure that auto_bootstrap
property is not set to false explicitly in yaml of the node. If that doesnt work You can also
try removing the node using nodetool remove node and then adding it back. Removenode will
cause some additional streaming.


By the way , what problems did you face in Hector when u upgrade to 2.0.14? We are also planning
to do that very soon.


Thanks

Anuj Wadehra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Eric Stevens" <mightye@gmail.com>
Date:Sun, 19 Apr, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Subject:Re: Bookstrapping new node isn't pulling schema from cluster

Is it one of your seed nodes, or does it otherwise have itself as a seed?  A node will not
bootstrap if it is in its own seeds list. 

On Apr 18, 2015 2:53 PM, "Bill Miller" <bmiller@inthinc.com> wrote:

I upgraded a 5 node cluster from 1.2.5 to 1.2.9, ran ugradesstables and installed oracle java
without issues. Then I tried upgrading one node to 2.0.14 which my Hector (I need to move
from it) client didn't like, so I rolled it back to 1.2.9.  Unfortunately I didn't snapshot
so I cleared all of that nodes data and attempted to bookstrap it back into the cluster. 
When I do that it sets up the system keyspace and is talking to other nodes and output.log
says "Startup completed! Now serving reads" without any errors.  This is immediately followed
by:


java.lang.AssertionError: Unknown keyspace note_qa

	at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.<init>(Table.java:262


and then lots of of errors when it can't fimd column families:


org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find cfId=5213a16b-a648-3cb5-9006-8f6bf9315009

	at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.deserializeCfId(ColumnFamilySerializer.java:184)


The other keyspaces/column families are never created.


The other four nodes are running fine and nodetool shows the new node as UP when it's in this
state.


I attached log.  I had server debugging on.




Mime
View raw message