cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Impact of removing compactions_in_progress folder
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:54:26 GMT
Any comments on exceptions related to unfinished compactions on Cassandra start up? Best way
to deal with them? Side effects of deleting compactions_in_progress folder to resolve the
issue?

Thanks

Anuj Wadehra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Anuj Wadehra" <anujw_2003@yahoo.co.in>
Date:Mon, 13 Apr, 2015 at 12:32 am
Subject:Impact of removing compactions_in_progress folder

Often we face errors on Cassandra start regarding unfinished compactions particularly when
cassandra was abrupty shut down . Problem gets resolved when we delete /var/lib/cassandra/data/system/compactions_in_progress
folder. Does deletion of the folder has any impact onĀ  integrity of data or any other aspect?

Thanks

Anuj Wadehra