cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amlan Roy <amlan....@cleartrip.com>
Subject Re: Frequent timeout issues
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:40:53 GMT
Write consistency level is ONE.

This is the describe output for one of the tables.

CREATE TABLE event_data (
  event text,
  week text,
  bucket int,
  date timestamp,
  unique text,
  adt int,
  age list<int>,
  arrival list<timestamp>,
  bank text,
  bf double,
  cabin text,
  card text,
  carrier list<text>,
  cb double,
  channel text,
  chd int,
  company text,
  cookie text,
  coupon list<text>,
  depart list<timestamp>,
  dest list<text>,
  device text,
  dis double,
  domain text,
  duration bigint,
  emi int,
  expressway boolean,
  flight list<text>,
  freq_flyer list<text>,
  host text,
  host_ip text,
  inf int,
  instance text,
  insurance text,
  intl boolean,
  itinerary text,
  journey text,
  meal_pref list<text>,
  mkp double,
  name list<text>,
  origin list<text>,
  pax_type list<text>,
  payment text,
  pref_carrier list<text>,
  referrer text,
  result_cnt int,
  search text,
  src text,
  src_ip text,
  stops int,
  supplier list<text>,
  tags list<text>,
  total double,
  trip text,
  user text,
  user_agent text,
  PRIMARY KEY ((event, week, bucket), date, unique)
) WITH CLUSTERING ORDER BY (date DESC, unique ASC) AND
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  index_interval=128 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  populate_io_cache_on_flush='false' AND
  default_time_to_live=0 AND
  speculative_retry='99.0PERCENTILE' AND
  memtable_flush_period_in_ms=0 AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'LZ4Compressor’};

On 01-Apr-2015, at 8:00 pm, Eric R Medley <emedley@xylocore.com> wrote:

> Also, can you provide the table details and the consistency level you are using?
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric R Medley
>
>> On Apr 1, 2015, at 9:13 AM, Eric R Medley <emedley@xylocore.com> wrote:
>>
>> Amlan,
>>
>> Can you provide information on how much data is being written? Are any of the columns
really large? Are any writes succeeding or are all timing out?

>> Regards,
>>
>> Eric R Medley
>>
>>> On Apr 1, 2015, at 9:03 AM, Amlan Roy <amlan.roy@cleartrip.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new to Cassandra. I have setup a cluster with Cassandra 2.0.13. I am writing
the same data in HBase and Cassandra and find that the writes are extremely slow in Cassandra
and frequently seeing exception “Cassandra timeout during write query at consistency ONE".
The cluster size for both HBase and Cassandra are same.

>>> Looks like something is wrong with my cluster setup. What can be the possible
issue? Data and commit logs are written into two separate disks.