cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Adding new node to Cassandra cluster is too slow
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 22:35:47 GMT
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Pranay Agarwal <agarwalpranaya@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What do you mean by point 3? Also, by doing one at a time, does it mean
> wait till nodetool status of the new node is UN from UJ?

point 3 is "look at nodetool status/nodetool ring/nodetool info/etc. on
other cluster nodes and make sure the node you just stopped isn't in their
list of, for example, UJ hosts.

One at a time means, if you can afford it, I would wait for the node to be
UN. If not, wait a few minutes between each join.

Also, 2.1.0 is super broken, read this and consider using 1.2.x.

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/what-version-of-cassandra-should-i-run/

=Rob