cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Should a node that is bootstrapping be receiving writes in addition to the streams it is receiving?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:15:42 GMT
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <
paulo.motta@chaordicsystems.com> wrote:

> I also checked via JMX and all the write counts are zero. Is the node
> supposed to receive writes during bootstrap?

As I understand it, yes.

The other funny thing during bootstrap, is that nodetool status shows that
> the bootsrapping node is Up/Normal (UN), instead of Up/Joining(UJ), is this
> expected or is it a bug? The bootstrapping node does not even appear in the
> "nodetool status" of other nodes.

Perhaps this node is not actually bootstrapping because you have configured
it as a seed with no other valid seeds listed and so it has started as a
cluster of one?

=Rob