cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Timeout error in fetching million rows as results using clustering keys
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:04:28 GMT
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Mehak Mehta <memehta@cs.stonybrook.edu>
wrote:

> I have tried with fetch size of 10000 still its not giving any results.
> My expectations were that Cassandra can handle a million rows easily.

Very few, if any, non-memory databases are likely to be able to "handle" a
"million" "rows" in a small number of seconds.

The default timeouts for Cassandra operations are in the order of small (in
some cases single) numbers of seconds.

This very strongly suggests that the operation you are trying to do, and
design you are exploring, is not inherently very "Cassandric." :D

=Rob