cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Serega Sheypak <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject Multinode Cassandra and sstableloader
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:21:40 GMT
 Hi, I have a simple question and can't find related info in docs.

I have cluster1 with 3 nodes and cluster2 with 5 nodes. I want to transfer
whole keyspace named 'mykeyspace' data from cluster1 to cluster2 using
sstableloader. I understand that it's not the best solution, I need it for
testing purposes.

What I'm going to do:

   1. Recreate keyspace schema on cluster2 using schema from cluster1
   2. nodetool flush for mykeyspace.source_table being exported from
   cluster1 to cluster2
   3.

   Run sstableloader for each table on cluster1.node01

   sstableloader -d cluster2.nodeXXX.com
   /var/lib/cassandra/data/mykeyspace/source_table-83f369e0d6e511e4b3a6010e8d2b68af/

What should I get as a result on cluster2?

*ALL* data from source_table?

or

Just data stored in *partition of source_table*

I'm confused. Doc says I just run this command to export table from
cluster1 to cluster2, but I specify path to a part of source_table data,
since other parts of table should be on other nodes.