cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Artur Siekielski <a...@vhex.net>
Subject High latencies for simple queries
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:24:34 GMT
I'm running Cassandra locally and I see that the execution time for the
simplest queries is 1-2 milliseconds. By a simple query I mean either
INSERT or SELECT from a small table with short keys.

While this number is not high, it's about 10-20 times slower than
Postgresql (even if INSERTs are wrapped in transactions). I know that
the nature of Cassandra compared to Postgresql is different, but for
some scenarios this difference can matter.

The question is: is it normal for Cassandra to have a minimum latency of
1 millisecond?

I'm using Cassandra 2.1.2, python-driver.