cassandra-user mailing list archives

From 健峰 高...@beecloud.cn>
Subject Re: 2d or multi dimension range query in cassandra CQL
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:26:52 GMT
Lucene or Solr is better. I’m using lucene
> 在 2015年3月18日,上午2:11,Jack Krupansky <jack.krupansky@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> 1. Create multiple secondary indexes, one for each non-key column you need to index on.
Not recommended. Considered an anti-pattern for Cassandra.
> 2. Use DSE Search/Solr.
> 3. Use Lucene-based indexing with TumpleJump/Stargate or Stratio.
>
> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Mehak Mehta <memehta@cs.stonybrook.edu <mailto:memehta@cs.stonybrook.edu>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to perform range queries (as in x and y ranges) on a large data billions of rows.

> CQL allows me to put Non EQ restrictions on only one of the clustering columns.
> Its not allowing me to filter the data using any other column even with use of Allow
Filtering option.

> cqlsh:images> select * from results1 where image_caseid='mehak' and x > 100 and
y <100 order by x allow filtering;
> code=2200 [Invalid query] message="No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with
Equal operator"

> My table definition is :
>
> CREATE TABLE images.results1 (uuid uuid, analysis_execution_id varchar, analysis_execution_uuid
uuid, x  double, y double, loc varchar, w double, h double, normalized varchar, type varchar,
filehost varchar, filename varchar, image_uuid uuid, image_uri varchar, image_caseid varchar,
image_mpp_x double, image_mpp_y double, image_width double, image_height double, objective
double, cancer_type varchar,  Area float, submit_date timestamp, points list<double>,
 PRIMARY KEY ((image_caseid),x));

> Kindly suggest me how to model is data and perform 2d or in general multi dimension range
queries in Cassandra efficiently.