cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan <>
Subject Re: Out of Memory Error While Opening SSTables on Startup
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:09:18 GMT
Paul Nickerson;
curious, did you get a solution to your problem ?

     On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:48 PM, Flavien Charlon <>

 I already experienced the same problem (hundreds of thousands of SSTables) with Cassandra
2.1.2. It seems to appear when running an incremental repair while there is a medium to high
insert load on the cluster. The repair goes in a bad state and starts creating way more SSTables
than it should (even when there should be nothing to repair).