cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kushmaul | WDA <jason.kushm...@wda.com>
Subject RE: run cassandra on a small instance
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 01:39:26 GMT
I asked this previously when a similar message came through, with a similar response.

planetcassandra seems to have it “right”, in that stable=2.0, development=2.1, whereas
the apache site says stable is 2.1.
“Right” in they assume latest minor version is development.  Why not have the apache site
do the same?  That’s just my lowly non-contributing opinion though.

Jason

From: Andrew [mailto:redmumba@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:26 PM
To: Robert Coli; user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: run cassandra on a small instance

Robert,

Let me know if I’m off base about this—but I feel like I see a lot of posts that are like
this (i.e., use this arbitrary version, not this other arbitrary version).  Why are releases
going out if they’re “broken”?  This seems like a very confusing way for new (and existing)
users to approach versions...

Andrew

On February 18, 2015 at 5:16:27 PM, Robert Coli (rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>)