cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ashic Mahtab <as...@live.com>
Subject RE: Efficient .net client for cassandra
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:31:41 GMT
Hi Asit,While I haven't used stratio's lucene indexing, a few points on the datastax .net connector:
i) It got a major revamp last year. I'm assuming you're using the latest one?ii) Are prepared
statements actually being reused many times? If not, perhaps the overhead isn't worth it.
Prepared statements are per session. Usually your app would have a single session. Are you
creating many sessions? If so, you won't really get much out of prepared statements.iii) Have
you tried async queries? In my experience, if I have a few (or many) queries to run for a
particular requirements, running the async queries and doing Task.WhenAll(...) improves things
considerably.
I've been using the .net connector for a while, and performance seems to be quite good.
Cheers,Ashic.

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:46:17 +0530
Subject: Efficient .net client for cassandra
From: asitkaushiknosql@gmail.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

Hi All,
We have been able to find our case specific full text which we are analyzing using Staratio
Cassandra. It has modified secondary index api which uses lucene indices. The erformace also
seems good to me . Still i wanted to ask you gurus
1) Has anybody used Startio and any drawbacks of it2) We are using .Net as the client to extract
data which lacks performance . I am using the tradition connection pooling and then executing
the prepared statement. So anybody who is using any specific client for .net would help me
on this
Thanks in advance for the help
Thanks and RegardsAsit