cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sethi <>
Subject Newly added column not visible
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 00:50:14 GMT
I have a 3 node cluster running Cassandra version 2.1.2. Through my unit test, I am creating
a column family with 3 columns, inserting a row, asserting that the values got inserted and
then truncating the column family.

After that I am adding a fourth column to the column family and inserting a new row with four
values but this insertion is failing because it can’t find the newly added column.

If I go via debug mode, it works fine but not otherwise. I also tried putting a Thread.sleep()
for 10 seconds after adding the new column but to no avail.

Anyone has any idea what might be going on here?

I see that a jira was filed related to similar issue in May 2014 but they closed it in December
2014 stating not reproducible.

View raw message