cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Sibbald, Charles" <>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 1.2 to 2.1 questions
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 13:42:52 GMT
Hi Oleg,

What is the minor version of 1.2? I am looking to do the same for 1.2.14
in a very large cluster.

On 02/02/2015 13:33, "Oleg Dulin" <> wrote:

>Dear Distinguished Colleagues:
>We'd like to upgrade our cluster from 1.2 to 2.0 and then to 2.1 .
>We are using Pelops Thrift client, which has long been abandoned by its
>authors. I've read that 2.x has changes to the Thrift protocol making
>it incompatible with 1.2 (and of course now the link to that site
>eludes me). If that is true, we need to first upgrade our Thrift client
>and then upgrade cassandra.
>Let's start by confirming if that indeed is the case -- if that is
>true, I have my work cut out for me.
>Anyone knows for sure ?

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but
the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute,
store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right
to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the
SKY marks are trademarks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and Sky International AG and
are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home
Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration
No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc (Registration
No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England
and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.

View raw message