cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why no virtual nodes for Cassandra on EC2?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:34:33 GMT
DSE 4.6 improved Solr vnode performance dramatically, so that vnodes for
Search workloads is now no longer officially discouraged. As per the
official doc for improvements, : "*Ability to use virtual nodes (vnodes) in
Solr nodes. Recommended range: 64 to 256 (overhead increases by
approximately 30%)*". A vnode token count of 64 or 32 would reduce that
overhead further. And... the new 4.6 feature of being able to direct a Solr
query to a specific partition essentially eliminates that overhead entirely.

-- Jack Krupansky