cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dunphy <bluethu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: run cassandra on a small instance
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 06:16:09 GMT
Hey guys,

After the upgrade to 2.1.3, and after almost exactly 5 hours running
cassandra did indeed crash again on the 2GB ram VM.

This is how the memory on the VM looked after the crash:

[root@web2:~] #free -m
Mem:          2002       1227        774          8         45        386
-/+ buffers/cache:        794       1207
Swap:            0          0          0

And that's with this set in the cassandra-env.sh file:

MAX_HEAP_SIZE="800M"
HEAP_NEWSIZE="200M"

So I'm thinking now, do I just have to abandon this idea I have of running
Cassandra on a 2GB instance? Or is this something we can all agree can be
done? And if so, how can we do that? :)

Thanks
Tim

--