cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Safely delete tmplink files - 2.1.2
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:33:09 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Demian Berjman <dberjman@despegar.com>
wrote:

> Hi, we are expecting the 2.1.3 release to fix the delete of tmplink files.
> In the meantime, is it safe to delete this files without shutting down
> Cassandra?

If I were experiencing issues with 2.1.2, I would downgrade to 2.1.1, fwiw.

My belief is that it is safe to delete these files (but they may not
actually delete because Cassandra may have them open). Before doing
anything in production I would ask on the JIRA ticket for the issue.

also, in case you are running 2.1.2 in production...

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/what-version-of-cassandra-should-i-run/

=Rob