cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Less frequent flushing with LCS
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:27:28 GMT
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Dan Kinder <dkinder@turnitin.com> wrote:

> Theoretically sstable_size_in_mb could be causing it to flush (it's at the
> default 160MB)... though we are flushing well before we hit 160MB. I have
> not tried changing this but we don't necessarily want all the sstables to
> be large anyway,

I've always wished that the log message told you *why* the SSTable was
being flushed, which of the various bounds prompted the flush.

In your case, the size on disk may be under 160MB because compression is
enabled. I would start by increasing that size.

Datastax DSE has in-memory tables for this use case.

=Rob