cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Reddy <>
Subject Re: Newly added column not visible
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:25:07 GMT
Hey Saurabh,

I can't say that I have experienced this before, however if you can
reliably reproduce the issue it would be worth commenting on the JIRA issue
you linked to or alternatively creating a new JIRA with as much info
(setup, test case, debug logs, etc) as possible.

On 5 February 2015 at 00:50, Saurabh Sethi <>

> I have a 3 node cluster running Cassandra version 2.1.2. Through my unit
> test, I am creating a column family with 3 columns, inserting a row,
> asserting that the values got inserted and then truncating the column
> family.
> After that I am adding a fourth column to the column family and inserting
> a new row with four values but this insertion is failing because it can’t
> find the newly added column.
> If I go via debug mode, it works fine but not otherwise. I also tried
> putting a Thread.sleep() for 10 seconds after adding the new column but to
> no avail.
> Anyone has any idea what might be going on here?
> I see that a jira was filed related to similar issue in May 2014 but they
> closed it in December 2014 stating not reproducible.
> Thanks,
> Saurabh

View raw message