cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chamila Wijayarathna <cdwijayarat...@gmail.com>
Subject Accesing Cassandra Database which uses 'PasswordAuthenticator' in Java
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:24:08 GMT
Hello all,

I changed the authenticator value of my Cassandra database to
'PasswordAuthenticator' in cassandra.yaml file. Previously I used following
code to connect to the database using java.

public void connect(String node) {

      cluster = Cluster.builder()

            .addContactPoint(node).build();

      Metadata metadata = cluster.getMetadata();

      System.out.printf("Connected to cluster: %s\n",

            metadata.getClusterName());

      for ( Host host : metadata.getAllHosts() ) {

         System.out.printf("Datatacenter: %s; Host: %s; Rack: %s\n",

               host.getDatacenter(), host.getAddress(), host.getRack());

      }

      session = cluster.connect();

   }

Now this code gives me error saying

Exception in thread "main"
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.AuthenticationException: Authentication
error on host /127.0.0.1: Host /127.0.0.1 requires authentication, but no
authenticator found in Cluster configuration

I understand that I need to connect to the database with my super user
username and password. How can I give those details when connecting to
database using java?
Thank You!
--
*Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,*