cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Batranut Bogdan <batra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Node stuck in joining the ring
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:38:31 GMT
Hello all,
I have a new node that I want to add to the ring. The problem is that nodetool says UJ I have
left it for several days and the status has not changed. In Opscenter it is "seen" as in an
unknown cluster.
>From the time that I started it, it was streaming data and the data size is 5,9 TB. This
is very strange since all other nodes in the cluster have about 3,3 TB of data. Also tonight
I saw that it stopped getting streams and the status in nodetool was still UJ. So I thought
to decommission the node delete the data and start again. Nodetool throws unsupported operation:
local node is not a member of the token ring yet. So I have just restarted the node. Now streaming
data begins again. At this rate, I'll run out of disk space on that node.One ideea that comes
to mind is to stop, clear the data and restart. But I am not sure about the implications for
that. Also, I have tried nodetool join. I got: This node has already joined the ring.
So nodetool status says UJ but nodetool join says otherwise, or am I not understanding someting
here.
Any ideeas?