cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Valle (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <mvallemil...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra Read Timeout
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:08:11 GMT
I am sorry, not sure if I will be able to help you. I am not familiar with super columns, I
would tell you to try to get rid of them as soon as possible. Maybe someone else in the list
can help you.
Anyway, it really seems you have a cell with a very large amount of data and the request might
be taking longer to complete because of the amount, but I also don't understand why the requests
on same row different SC and same SC different row would work.

[]s

From: oifa.yulian@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Cassandra Read Timeout

Hello
I am running 1.2.19
Best regards
Yulian Oifa

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Marcelo Valle (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <mvallemilita@bloomberg.net>
wrote:

Super column? Out of curiosity, which Cassandra version are you running?

From: user@cassandra.apache.org

Hello
The structure is the same , the CFs are super column CFs , where key is long  ( timestamp
to partition the index , so each 11 days new row is created ) , super Column is int32 and
columns / values are timeuuids.I am running same queries , getting reversed slice by raw key
and super column.
The number of reads is relatively high on second CF since i am testing it several hours already
, most of time there are no requests for read on both of them , only writes.There is at most
1 read request in 20-30 seconds so it should not create a load.There is also no reads ( 0
before and 1 after ) pending on tpstats.
Please also note that queries on different row same super column , and same row , different
super column are working , and if i am not mistaken cassandra is loading complete raw including
all super columns to memory ( either any request to this row should fail if this would be
a memory problem , or none...).

Best regards
Yulian Oifa