cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roland Etzenhammer <r.etzenham...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Many pending compactions
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:12:19 GMT
Hi,

1) Actual Cassandra 2.1.3, it was upgraded from 2.1.0 (suggested by Al
Tobey from DataStax)
7) minimal reads (usually none, sometimes few)

those two points keep me repeating an anwser I got. First where did you
get 2.1.3 from? Maybe I missed it, I will have a look. But if it is
2.1.2 whis is the latest released version, that version has many bugs -
most of them I got kicked by while testing 2.1.2. I got many problems
with compactions not beeing triggred on column families not beeing read,
compactions and repairs not beeing completed.  See

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=user@cassandra.apache.org&q=subject:%22Re%3A+Compaction+failing+to+trigger%22&o=newest&f=1
https://www.mail-archive.com/user%40cassandra.apache.org/msg40768.html

Apart from that, how are those both datacenters connected? Maybe there
is a bottleneck.

Also do you have ntp up and running on all nodes to keep all clocks in
thight sync?

Note: I'm no expert (yet) - just sharing my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Roland