cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan <cne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Any problem mounting a keyspace directory in ram memory?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 04:31:46 GMT
HI Gabriel;
I don't think Apache Cassandra supports in-memory keyspaces. However Datastax Enterprise
does support it.
Quoting from Datastax: DataStax Enterprise includes the in-memory option for storing data
to and accessing data from memory exclusively. No disk I/O occurs. Consider using the in-memory
option for storing a modest amount of data, mostly composed of overwrites, such as an application
for mirroring stock exchange data. Only the prices fluctuate greatly while the keys for the
data remain relatively constant. Generally, the table you design for use in-memory should
have the following characteristics:
   - Store a small amount of data
   - Experience a workload that is mostly overwrites
   - Be heavily trafficked
Using the in-memory option | DataStax Enterprise 4.0 Documentation

|   |
| Using the in-memory option | DataStax Enterprise 4.0 DocumentationUsing the in-memory option

|  |
| View on www.datastax.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |