cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan <>
Subject Re: Help on modeling a table
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:47:54 GMT
HI Asit;
The Partition key is only a part of the performance. Recommend reading this article:  Advanced
Time Series with Cassandra
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Advanced Time Series with CassandraDataStax - Software, support, and training for Apache
Cassandra |
|  |
| View on | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

hope this helpsJan/

     On Monday, February 2, 2015 8:33 AM, Asit KAUSHIK <>

 HI All
We are working on a application logging project and this is one of the search tables  as
below :

CREATE TABLE logentries (    logentrytimestamputcguid timeuuid PRIMARY KEY,    context
text,    date_to_hour bigint,    durationinseconds float,    eventtimestamputc timestamp,
  ipaddress inet,    logentrytimestamputc timestamp,    loglevel int,    logmessagestring
text,    logsequence int,    message text,    modulename text,    productname text,
  searchitems map<text, text>,    servername text,    sessionname text,    stacktrace
text,    threadname text,    timefinishutc timestamp,    timestartutc timestamp,
urihostname text,    uripathvalue text,    uriquerystring text,    useragentstring text,
  username text);
I have some queries on the design of this table :
1) Does a timeuuid is a good candidate for partition key  as we would be querying other fields
with stargate-core full text project
This table is actually be used for search like username like '*john' likewise and uing this
present model the performance is very slow .
Please advise

View raw message