cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <SEAN_R_DUR...@homedepot.com>
Subject RE: Adding new node to cluster
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:25:20 GMT
SimpleSnitch is not rack aware. You would want to choose seed nodes and then not change them.
Seed nodes apparently don’t bootstrap. All nodes need the same seeds in the yaml file. Here
is more info: http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/initialize/initializeSingleDS.html

Sean Durity – Cassandra Admin, Big Data Team
To engage the team, create a request<https://portal.homedepot.com/sites/bigdata/SitePages/Big%20Data%20Engagement%20Request.aspx>

From: Batranut Bogdan [mailto:batranub@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:28 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org; reynald.bourtembourg@esrf.fr
Subject: Re: Adding new node to cluster

Hello,

I use SimpleSnitch. All the nodes are in the sane datacenter. Not sure if all are in the same
rack.

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:53 PM, "SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com<mailto:SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com>"
<SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com<mailto:SEAN_R_DURITY@homedepot.com>> wrote:

What snitch are you using? You may need to do some work on your topology file (or rackdc)
to make sure you have the topology you want. Also, it is possible you may need to restart
OpsCenter agents and/or your browser to see the nodes represented properly in OpsCenter.

Sean Durity – Cassandra Admin, Home Depot