cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Batranut Bogdan <batra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Node stuck in joining the ring
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:39:27 GMT
C* version 2.0.12
How do I resolve item 2) ? Just want to mention that when the node is stopped, nodetool status
does not show it Down, it is missing from the list...
Thanks for the support.

     On Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:52 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Batranut Bogdan <batranub@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a new node that I want to add to the ring. The problem is that nodetool says UJ I have
left it for several days and the status has not changed. In Opscenter it is "seen" as in an
unknown cluster.

If I were you, I would do the following [1]  :
1) stop the joining node2) make sure that the other nodes no longer see it joining3) wipe
the joining node's data directory4) verify cluster name is correct in cassandra.yaml, and
matches the other nodes5) re-join the node
What version of Cassandra?
=Rob[1] Which, jeesh, I should put into a "dealing with failed bootstrap" blog post one of
these days...