cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kushmaul | WDA <>
Subject RE: High read latency after data volume increased
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 14:03:35 GMT
I was about to say I thought 2.1 was a development version, but when I went to prove that to
“ The latest stable release of Apache Cassandra is 2.1.2 (released on 2014-11-10). If you're
just starting out, download this one.”

But then, after visiting planet Cassandra (this is what I was thinking of, I had just read
v2.0.11(Stable & Recommended)

v2.1.2(Latest Development Release)

Seems to be a mixed message of what is stable between the two sites…

From: Brian Tarbox []
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: High read latency after data volume increased

C* seems to have more than its share of "version x doesn't work, use version y " type issues....

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Robert Coli <<>>
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Roni Balthazar <<>>
We are using C* 2.1.2 with 2 DCs. 30 nodes DC1 and 10 nodes DC2.

2.1.2 in particular is known to have significant issues. You'd be better off running 2.1.1

View raw message