cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Sibbald, Charles" <Charles.Sibb...@bskyb.com>
Subject Upgrading from Cassandra 1.2.14 to Cassandra 2.10
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:15:37 GMT
Hi All,

I am looking into the possibility of upgrading from Cassandra 1.2.14 to Cassandra 2.1 in the
following manor.

I have a large Cassandra cluster with dozens of nodes, and would like to build new instances
at version 2.1 to join the cluster and once they have successfully joined the rink these should
then stream data in.

Once they have fully joined the cluster I would like to decommission a single Cassandra 1.2.14
instance, and repeat.

Due to the fact that our 2.1 installations have a different directory layout we would like
to go with this ‘streaming’ option for the upgrade rather than an inplace upgrade.

Does anyone foresee any issues with this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Charles
Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is
intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but
the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute,
store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right
to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the
SKY marks are trademarks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and Sky International AG and
are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home
Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration
No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc (Registration
No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England
and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.