cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Reik Schatz <>
Subject Updated JMX metrics overview
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:57:42 GMT
I am adding some jmx metrics to our monitoring tool. Is there a good
overview of all existing jmx metrics and their description? has only a few metrics.

In particular I have questions about these now:

org.apache.cassandra.db type=StorageProxy TotalHints - is this the
number of hints since the node was started or a lifetime value

org.apache.cassandra.db type=StorageProxy ReadRepairRepairedBackground
- is this the total number of background read repair requests that the
node received since

org.apache.cassandra.db type=StorageProxy ReadRepairRepairedBlocking -
same as above, I assume thats the number of read repairs that have
blocked a query (when does that even happen - aren't read repairs run
in the background)

org.apache.cassandra.metrics type=Storage name=Exceptions Count - is
this the total number of unhandled exceptions since node restart?

View raw message