cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benyi Wang <bewang.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to delete columns or row using CQLSSTableWriter?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 21:49:40 GMT
CQLSSTableWriter only accepts an INSERT or UPDATE statement. I'm wondering
whether make it accept DELETE statement.

I need to update my cassandra table with a lot of data everyday.

* I may need to delete a row (given the partition key)
* I may need to delete some columns. For example, there are 20 rows for a
primary key before loading, the new load may have 10 rows only.

Because CQLSSTableWriter will write into a blank table, will DELETE put a
tombstone in the table so that the row in the server will be deleted after
bulk loading?

Thanks.