cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ruchir Jha <ruchir....@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving all row keys of a CF
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:32:05 GMT
We have a column family that has about 800K rows and on an average about a
million columns. I am interested in getting all the row keys in this column
family and I am using the following Astyanax code snippet to do this.

This query never finishes (ran it for 2 days but did not finish).

This query however works with CF's that have lesser number of columns. This
leads me to believe that there might be an API that just retrieves the row
keys and does not depend on the number of columns in the CF. Any
suggestions are appreciated.

I am running Cassandra 2.0.9 and this is a 4 node cluster.

                        keyspace.prepareQuery(*this*
.wideRowTables.get(group)).setConsistencyLevel(ConsistencyLevel.CL_QUORUM).getAllRows().setRowLimit(1000)

                                                .setRepeatLastToken(*false*
).withColumnRange(*new*
RangeBuilder().setLimit(1).build()).executeWithCallback(*new*
RowCallback<String, T>() {

                                                            @Override

                                                            *public*
*boolean* failure(ConnectionException e)

                                                            {

*return* *true*;

                                                            }

                                                            @Override