cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Svihla>
Subject Re: Reload/resync system.peers table
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:52:57 GMT
auto_bootstrap: false shouldn't help here any more than true.

So when I had this issue before in prod I've actually just executed delete
statements to the bogus nodes, this however only solved a symptom (the
ghosts came back) and the issue was a bug (

I just checked with the C* team at DataStax it appears this is a sane
approach (delete statement)

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <
>> wrote:
>> Is there any automatic way of reloading/resyncing the system.peers table?
>> Or the only way is by removing ghost nodes?
> You could delete its contents, drain, and then restart the node with
> auto_bootstrap:false, which should (?) rediscover only the live nodes.
> Probably best to be sure to specify initial_token here, though I'm not
> sure if that's just FUD talking...
> =Rob

Ryan Svihla

View raw message