cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nagesh <>
Subject Cassandra primary key design to cater range query
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 11:45:51 GMT
Hi All,

I have designed a column family

prodgroup text, prodid int, status int, , PRIMARY KEY ((prodgroup), prodid,

The data model is to cater

   - Get list of products from the product group
   - get list of products for a given range of ids
   - Get details of a specific product
   - Update status of the product acive/inactive
   - Get list of products that are active or inactive (select * from
   product where prodgroup='xyz' and prodid > 0 and status = 0)

The design works fine, except for the last query . Cassandra not allowing
to query on status unless I fix the product id. I think defining a super
column family which has the key "PRIMARY KEY((prodgroup), staus,
productid)" should work. Would like to get expert advice on other
Nageswara Rao.V

*"The LORD reigns"*

View raw message