cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nagesh <nageswara.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sharding vs what cassandra does
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 05:57:19 GMT
Sharding is a type of database partitioning. The sweet spot of cassandra is
to supporting fast random reads. This is achieved by grouping data based on
a partition key and replicate to different nodes. The querying should be in
such a way to look up data of one partition at a time.

Grouping data based on a partition key is a type of sharding.

--
Thanks,
Nageswara Rao.V

*"The LORD reigns"*