cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wille <rwi...@fold3.com>
Subject Why does C* repeatedly compact the same tables over and over?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 13:12:21 GMT
After bootstrapping a node, the node repeatedly compacts the same tables over and over, even
though my cluster is completely idle. I’ve noticed the same behavior after extended periods
of heavy writes. I realize that during bootstrapping (or extended periods of heavy writes)
that compaction could get seriously behind, but once a table has been compacted, I don’t
see the need to recompact the table dozens of more times.

Possibly related, I often see that OpsCenter reports that nodes have a large number of pending
tasks, when Pending column of the Thread Pool Stats doesn’t reflect that.

Robert