cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Wilm Schumacher <>
Subject Re: Storing large files for later processing through hadoop
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 19:50:45 GMT
Am 03.01.2015 um 07:07 schrieb Srinivasa T N:
> Hi Wilm,
>    The reason is that for some auditing purpose, I want to store the
> original files also.
well, then I would use a hdfs cluster for storing, as it seems to be
exactly what you need. If you collocate hdfs DataNodes and yarns
ResourceManager, you also could spare a lot of hardware or costs for
external services. It is not recommended to do that, but in your special
case this should work. This seems applicable as you only use the hdfs
for storing the xml exactly for that purpose.

But I'm more familiar with hadoop, hdfs and hbase than with Cassandra.
So perhaps I'm biased.

And what Jacob proposed could be a solution, too. Spares a lot of nerves ;).

Best wishes,

View raw message